When I travel it is the perfect opportunity to find special gifts that cannot be duplicated.
Here are some of my personal favorites:
- Soaps from a different country
- Candles (be careful about fragrances, as some people are allergic to scents)
- Bookmarks (for those friends that love "paper" books
- Purse-size tablets for jotting down notes
- Anything homemade, i.e. food items, seasonal cocktail napkins (great paperless idea)
- Nice handkerchiefs for your purse (if you have to ask what they are, this isn't appropriate), and
- Of course wine, champagne or flowers (or a plant) when you aren't sure.
Remember, if you bring flowers, it is best to bring them in a container with water so that the hostess doesn't have to look for a vase while she/he has other pressing issues at hand.
This list should get your creative juices flowing. And wrapping is part of the fun — add something alive from your garden along with a recycled bag or paper:
- a leaf from your favorite tree,
- a sprig of rosemary,
- a small flower cutting, or
- bush berries.
Hostess Gift Ideas
Being invited to a special event, such as a luncheon, a tea, or a dinner party, always presents an opportunity to be creative about the joy of giving -- as it is customary to bring the host/hostess a small token gift, thanking them for the invitation.
FUSE LIFE STYLED — Weaving Style into our daily living with great Food & Recipe Ideas, Home Decor Pointers, Travel Tips and contemporary suggestions for Health & Wellness.
The FUSE Woman, Full & Complete,
Life Styled Editor